Sunday, June 22, 2008

Marge-isms


Now we come to Margaret. Marge is the most educated of us. She has a law degree and works for DPI, so she is using her law degree for good. She is an accomplished artist. She is a great singer. She was an excellent actor. Why, she even was better than horrible at shot-put back in middle school. But, sometimes Marge has been....hmm, how do I put this....less than graceful. Knocking over drinking glasses, losing her glasses in the Puget Sound (I think they are in the picture above), and so on.

OK, so let's have some Marge-isms. Marge, keep in mind that even if some of these end up being too harsh, you can't threaten to call the Kimberly police anymore. It's the Fox Valley Metro Police Department.

5 comments:

Marge said...

Well, I'll post my own Marge-ism if I have to...

I think I was at Cleo's with Carol, and it was a night that I drank more than I ever do now. I was quite giddy that evening, and I dropped a bottle of beer. Undeterred, I didn't even break my smile, and said to Carol "That's okay! I have more money! I can buy more!"

Mike said...

In an attempt to make me laugh, Marge would occasionally say, in a drawn-out way, "Garbaaaanzoooo beans."

The thing of it is, I did laugh at it.

Hopefully I have some more soon.

Mr. D said...

Let's see:

I'd like a piece of E

Egg language

Waxing rhapsodic over the value of Ernest Riles.

That's a few. I'll keep thinking about it, though.

Mike said...

Ernest Riles? Yeah, she dug him. Just don't get her started on former Cardinals great Tom Lawless.

Mike said...

Just remembered another one. "No one knows what it's like, to be the Batman." A special on The Who reminded me of that.